Dane County Board Supervisor. Dane County, WI. Apr 2018 – Present.
- Representing District 32 (City and Town of Verona).
- Overseeing land use issues on the Zoning and Land Regulation Committee.
Social Studies Teacher. Verona Area High School. Verona, WI. Aug 2002 – Present.
- Running a charity with students to help children and families affected by poverty.
- Teaching students and colleagues how to use social media as a tool for information and engagement.
- Presenting information in technology-enhanced environments.
- Promoting civic engagement, global awareness, and lifelong learning.
- As Department Chair for Social Studies, managed a team of ten and a budget of $15,000.
CERTIFICATION AND EDUCATION
- Capstone Certificate, International Politics and Practice, UW-Madison, May 2015.
- M.S. of Curriculum and Instruction with a Professional Development (History) emphasis, UW-Whitewater, May 2007.
- B.S.E. Secondary Education, UW-Whitewater, May 2002.
- WI Department of Public Instruction licenses (6-12): Broadfield Social Studies (701), History (725), Political Science (735), Sociology (745)
- Primary Leadership Development Course (2 weeks). Ft. McCoy, WI. Aug 2001 – Sep 2001.
- Wisconsin Army National Guard. Whitewater, WI. Oct 1998 – Sep 2003.
- U.S. Army. El Paso, TX, Aug 1994 – Oct 1994. Korea, Nov 1994 – Nov 1995. Germany, Nov 1995 – May 1998.
- U.S. Army Reserves. Milwaukee, WI. Aug 1992 – Aug 1994.
- “Educating Future Generations of Atlanticists,” Atlantic-Community.org, Jul 25, 2014.
- “Teachers and the Transatlantic Relationship,” German Marshall Fund Blog, May 30, 2014.
- “Verona Teacher Jason Knoll Describes His Experience Covering the State of the Union,” The Capital Times Online, Feb 3, 2014.
- “Verona Teacher Jason Knoll Will Live-Tweet State of the Union from Washington,” The Capital Times Online, Jan 28, 2014.
- “A High School Teacher at the Annual Meeting,” Perspectives on History, 49:2, February 2011.
- Educational Consultant, Delegation of the EU to the US exhibit, National Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference, Nov-Dec 2018.
- Participant, “Marshall Seminar Brussels: The New Agenda for Transatlantic Security,” German Marshall Fund, Apr 2015.
- Presenter, “Teaching about Transatlantic Relations,” WI Council for the Social Studies, Mar 2015.
- Member, OAH Committee on Teaching, 2013-2017.
- Panelist, “Getting the Most Out of the OAH Conference,” Organization of American Historians Annual Meeting, Apr 2012.
- Member, Literacy Advisory Committee, Read on Wisconsin! Jun 2010.
- Master Teacher, Teaching American History Grant, Madison Metropolitan School District, Jan 2008 – Sep 2008.
- Member. Project Council, Teaching American History Grant, UW-Whitewater, Sep 2003 – Sep 2007.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2017 Giraffe Award (with VAHSAid), Kids Forward.
- 2012 Honorable Mention, Crystal Apple Teacher, NBC15.
- 2011 Wisconsin State DAR Outstanding Teacher of American History.
- 2011 Outstanding Teacher, John Bell Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- May 2011, Topnotch Teacher, WISC-TV.
- 2009 Yale Educator.